Dentists and dental hygienists love patients who take good care of their oral health. When you properly brush your teeth twice a day and floss the way your dentist taught you, this makes their job much easier.
If you just let your teeth go, your dentist and dental hygienist will notice immediately, and you do not want your dentist to have to give you a lecture during your dental check-up, right? When you follow the advice you are given, you show that you take pride in keeping your mouth, teeth and jaw exceedingly healthy so you can live a longer and happier lifestyle.
Before you head over to your bi-annual dentist appointment, follow the tips below. This way, you can walk in and out with a confident attitude and a healthy smile.
Tips to make your dental check-up easier
- Brush and floss in the morning and night (minimum)
- Do not miss your scheduled dentist appointments
- If you have an oral problem, fix it now rather than wait till later
- Talk to your dentist at your dental check-up about any questions or concerns on your mind; transparency is everything when it comes to patients and dentists
- Pay attention to the foods you eat; foods with too much sugar should be limited
- Try to eat a well-balanced diet every day, and avoid smoking
- Get your yearly oral mouth x-rays
- Avoid chewing on ice and hard candy
- If you grind your teeth at night, talk to your dentist, and ask them about purchasing a mouth guard, especially one that can be fit specifically for you
- If you have dental anxiety, it is important that you use techniques that help you calm yourself, and be sure to let your dentist know about your fears
- Listen to music during your procedure
- Ask a friend or relative to attend the appointment with you, as this will allow you to feel more comfortable
As you can see, when it comes to taking care of your teeth, it is not only about brushing and flossing them, though that is a major factor in keeping them healthy. It is also about managing your oral health throughout your entire life.
If you take care of your teeth well enough, your dental check-up will be easier, as well as less costly. If you do an amazing job, you can pat yourself on the back when you are older. Your peers may be wearing dentures or dental implants, while you still have all your original teeth.
If you want to learn more dental tips and ways to make your dental check-up easier, then call us today to educate yourself about everything regarding mouth health.
You and your future smile are worth every tip on this list. Keep things simple and go to your dental check-up twice a year.
For more information or to schedule an appointment with Art of Smiles – Norman D. Knowles, D.M.D., request an appointment in our Vero Beach dental office here: https://www.drnormanknowles.com. Or call us at (772) 778-0954.
It was inventor Benjamin Franklin who wisely stated, “Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today.” This quote applies to almost every field and area of interest, including dentistry. People avoid a dental …
Wanting to learn some cavity-fighting tips so you can help your child brush their teeth better? While it can be more difficult for children to thoroughly clean all of their teeth, it is definitely not …
If you are looking for an affordable and tasty way to clean your mouth, consider sugar-free gum. Sugar-free gum can be good for dental health, though some types are better than others. Here is a …
We provide preventative dental care in Vero Beach and can help you to have lifelong oral health. There are steps that you can take for your health and the health of your family. These steps …