Because teeth tend to diminish in their brightness over time, many people choose to go to the dentist to get the best teeth whitening procedures. While over the counter options are available, seeing a professional will help to ensure your teeth are whitened properly, which is an important part of your overall dental health. When you take good care of your teeth, you are much more likely to smile, which is an important part of your overall general health.
Getting your teeth professionally whitened is a great way to improve your smile!
Professional dentist = whiter teeth
Going to see a professional dentist is highly recommended when wanting whiter teeth. Modern dentistry has made it so that there are now a few different methods available for making teeth whiter, which usually involves some form of bleaching. While the possibility of whitening one’s teeth at home is indeed an option, these do it yourself treatments simply do not work as well or last as long as the professional whitening treatments a dentist can offer.
Let a professional whiten your teeth the right way.
What you should know about professional teeth whitening
Because it’s always best to be prepared, understanding the following will help make for a better experience when visiting a dentist for professional teeth whitening services.
- The process of whitening one’s teeth is a simple procedure and tends to take only an hour or so to complete. A whitening solution is applied to the teeth, which is a safe tooth whitening procedure.
- Professional whitening services can brighten teeth up to eight shades lighter. Store bought whiteners tend to brighten up to two shades.
- Only real teeth will be affected by the whitening solution. The dentist will discuss potential options for those who have crowns, etc. in order to give them the best and most natural look.
- Teeth may be sensitive for a few hours after the procedure. Be sure to avoid cold, hot, or sugary foods for 24 hours after the procedure. Using a toothpaste specifically made for sensitive teeth can be beneficial.
- Whitening one’s teeth is not a permanent solution, with most results lasting anywhere between six months and two years. Although, some patients have reported that their teeth whitening procedure lasted three or more years.
- Not everyone who wants their teeth professionally whitened at a dental office is going to be a good candidate. Only the dentist can explain why to those who fall into this category.
There are many things that can affect the color of your teeth – coffee, red wine, smoking, medications – making it necessary for you to have your teeth whitened from time to time. In order for you to get the best teeth whitening results, making an appointment with your dentist is highly recommended. When you go to a professional dentist to have your teeth whitened, you can be proud every time you smile.
Teeth whitening is a simple way to make your initial Vero Beach social interactions so much better. If you think this is a profound statement, you are probably wondering how anyone could make the leap …
Dental crowns are one of the most common dental restorations because they solve different dental issues and help to prolong the lifespan of a tooth remarkably. Also, the procedure is painless. The dental crown acts …
If you have a cosmetic imperfection, you might be considering dental bonding. The bonding material is made of composite resin that adheres to the tooth. It can fix various cosmetic issues such as chips, cracks …
Dental veneers can give you a beautiful white smile. Veneers fix a wide array of aesthetic issues and can boost your confidence. If you are considering getting veneers, find out all you can about them. …